Six Birds Over Texas


Once again, way too hot to be out beyond 8 a.m.!! And once again instead of out and about, birding, I'm sticking home-bound to get some yard work done with Bud.  If  you read my personal blog, you then know that we are almost done with cleaning up the winter kill that took the life of so much of our vegetation in February of this year.   So, birding is more or less at a stand still for me. I am going to try and get out early at the beginning of the coming week when forecasts tell me that it will be a bit cooler. Not COOL, but cooler. There is a difference. :-) I don't know what was worse, the scare of the pandemic or the inferno of what we call Summer in Texas!! Here are some more photos of the Spring Migratory Birds and Resident birds of the Coastal Bend of Texas of 2021.   Photo locations are as follows:  Port Aransas Birding Center, The Willows, Bazemore Park, Leonabelle Turnbull [sky shot] Center, Shoreline Drive [Naval Air Station], and Suter Park...


HOODED WARBLER
Habitat map: Warbler


VEERY
Habitat map: Veery


BLACK CRESTED TITMOUSE
Habitat map: Titmouse


TRI COLORED HERON
Habitat map: Heron


RUDDY TURNSTONE
Habitat map: Turnstone


YELLOW CROWNED NIGHT HERON
Habitat map: Heron

For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:
or use text linking only copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:


The Linking Tool is now closed! Come back Saturday for new one.

22 comments:

  1. Oh my GOSH, the Hooded Warbler! He is exquisite! And you know I have a thing for the Night Herons. I have never ever seen a Veery posted. Excellent Heron in flight shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are brave souls to live where you do, Anni. That heat would just about do me in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hooded Warbler is just gorgeous! We have heat but we are also having the pop up showers that you can't plan for. We were all ready to get out....and it started raining lightly. So I'm enjoying visiting you! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Anni,
    The Hooded Warbler is a beautiful bird. The Night Heron and Veery are favorites too. After a cold spell it is supposed to be warmer here this week. Thanks for hosting. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anni, wow a hooded Warbler and I have never seen, or heard of the Crested Titmouse. Looks like a miniature Blue Jay of sorts. I am thinking that Coivd is not done with any of us yet. It has taken so many people and it just seems to be lurking in different ways now. I hope that you and Bud can get caught up on all of the chores and that you can get out early and do some more nice birding. Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful captures Anni! I can sure relate to you with the heat, I'm out the door at dawn for my walk and home again by 7:30ish. I hope you can get out early for some more birding next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice crisp images of beautiful birds. Am inTennessee and catching up with the migrants I missed in Florida. Ow seeing some in breeding grounds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All these birds are so pretty. Well captured too. I think even birders should migrate to places with pleasant climes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos!
    I especially like the Yellow Crowned Night Heron
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing the tri-colored heron in flight. Did you see the weather for the Pacific Northwest? Incredibly hot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anni. I can't imaging not going out in the early morning at the crack of dawn because it's too hot. I guess you used your time to be doing something that will give you back some birding time soon. The Hooded Warbler is just the most striking bird today, the shade of yellow and the clear cut hood very lovely.I hope you enjoy your Sunday indoors and I'm recommending a cool beer or two for you and Bud. Maybe a Budweiser?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am loving the header bird and the first photo bird they are just absolutely precious. And your Texas Inferno appears to have spread over the entire world I watched a special last night about the heat in the world right now and it's scary that Canada has a hundred and two degrees. And it's not even summer yet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Anni, beautiful serie photos. I like the night heron.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful birds, Anni! I don't blame you... I can't tolerate heat either. So many of our friends head out on their motorcycles in the heat of the summer but not us... we go more in autumn and sometimes spring, than summer. I hope your beautiful Texas has primarily recovered from that horrible incident of freezing weather last winter. I remember watching it on television and being horrified. ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. i am glad your cleaning is done my friend and now you are free to walk and birding hopefully

    your spring migratory and residential birds collection is fabulous !!!!

    i loved all but first one is splendid :)
    you have gift for photography indeed!
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome photos. You do fabulous photography and always enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Anni,
    We humans already have such problems with the heat, I hope all the more that the animals can handle it ... I'm afraid they suffer a lot more, because they can hardly avoid the heat...
    You took such beautiful bird photos again. I find them all fascinating and pretty, but the cutest is the BLACK CRESTED TITMOUSE with the sweet button eyes :-)
    Have a good start to July!
    All the best, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2021/06/tagesausflug-schloss-artstetten.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anni, some day when you have time, could you tell me what size lens you use to get these most incredible shots?...jp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I just use my cellphone & crop. Other times I use my Nikon/zoom.

      Delete
  19. Goodness me that sounds so hot!
    Really enjoyed seeing all of the birds.

    Take care and keep hydrated :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents