It's the 4th of July weekend in America. For the last several days our area of the Coastal Bend has been inundated with heavy downpours. So, again, I sit home and read mostly...waiting for it to dry out. We won't be doing much of celebrating other than our annual grilled hot dogs, potato salad and icy COORS!! Of course there won't be much sleeping until past midnight on the 4th because of the fireworks. I will watch "the show" from our garage window to keep dry and mosquito free! Here are some images from my Spring months' archives of this year; all warblers. And those that bird and try to get photos of them, know that it's a challenge of nerves and patience. I really hope to get out soon, even tho the birds will be scarce other than the resident year 'round birds....


YELLOW WARBLER
Habitat map: Warbler

BLACKPOLL WARBLER [rare in Texas]
Habitat map: Warbler
WILSON'S WARBLER
Habitat map: Warbler

CAPE MAY WARBLER [rare in Texas]
Habitat map: Warbler

CHESTNUT SIDED WARBLER
Habitat map: Warbler

these little guys come under the heading 'precious' and so cute. love the yellow ones best of all but they are all beautiful. hope Isaiah is ok with fireworks, beau paces. the past 3 nights i want to go throw a cherry bomb in my neighbors face
ReplyDeleteI think the Blackpoll is my favorite. We are right there with you, not doing much of anything for the 4th. Our family got sick, so we will wait till mid-week. By then, we will likely be arrested for setting off fireworks!
ReplyDeleteWe love all of the Warblers we see here too. You've photographed some beautiful birds! Happy 4th!
ReplyDeleteLove your warblers, Anni!! I secretly wish we had downpours here too... all weekend. *haha* Starting yesterday about 4pm, a neighbor on the next street over had a huge party! 4pm-10pm his music was so loud I couldn't hear MY television in my living room with all my windows closed! Then, from 7pm-10pm it was constant fireworks. He must have spent at *least* $3K on the things. They were constant... and huge. My poor kitty was so traumatized. Hopefully that was his big fling and another friend of his will host the party tonight... someplace else!! Happy 4th, my friend. ~Andrea xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteGreat shots, Anni. As you point out fast-flitting warblers are not easy to photograph, so you did well!
ReplyDeleteThey are all such beautiful and sweet looking little birds, great shots Anni! We have the beer chilling here too. Have a great 4th of July - Cheers!
ReplyDeleteCheers!! (I'm starting early!! Today too.)
DeleteBeautiful! Yeah, warblers are quite frustrating for bird photographers.
ReplyDeleteYou did very well with the warblers during spring migration. It was practically a dud here in my neighborhood. Our rains have raised the lake levels and the mud flats have disappeared, not so good for the shorebirds which should be starting up in a few weeks. Also watcheing for the tropical storm/hurricane which is headed to our side of the Gulf.
ReplyDeleteWhat a shame the weather spoiled your celebration Anni. I approve of the cold beers and cheers to you and to Bud. The Chestnut sided Warbler is really smart and not one I see much on other blogs. My header is a Partridge, the one in the English pear 🍐 tree. I must label it. Enjoy your weekend despite the rain. It must stop soon. Thanks for the link today.
ReplyDeleteHello Anni,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful collection of Warblers. The Blackpoll is one of my favorites, I have only seen them a few times in all my years of birding. I hope you have a happy and safe 4th of July.
Thanks for hosting. Have a great new week ahead.
Great photos!
ReplyDeleteHappy 4th of July!
Have a blessed day!
I hope you get out soon Anni. These photos are a delight :)
ReplyDeleteSo lovely to see these colourful birds and their markings.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Hi Anni, beautiful serie photos. Nice birds. Have a nice day.
ReplyDelete