On July 7th, I drove to the start of Texas Hill Country, near San Patricio Texas. There, a private pond on the Wright Ranch is visible from the highway. This is where, early in the year, I noticed the rookery was busy with Egrets building the nests for raising families. I returned, of course, and here's some of what I saw:








GREAT EGRETS
Habitat map: Egret
I also took it upon myself to return to see if I could find the vagrant a few days later....I did. Got a few photos (not too good), but at least it's a record of spotting it. Will share those next week.

The Linking Tool is now Closed. Return Saturday for a new one opening.
I could not stop smiling as i looked at each photo. those babies are 'darling' and I love their long bills and fuzzy heads.
ReplyDeleteof course you had to go back. And what a pleasure to be able to see the young ones in the nest. This is wonderful and gorgeous shots.
ReplyDeleteThis week I have some birds for you too. It has been scarse lately but not this week.
Thanks for sharing the young ones :)
Hello Anni,
ReplyDeleteThe Egrets chicks are so darn cute, love their fuzzy feathered heads. Great captures from the Egret rookery.
Thanks for hosting. Have a great day and a happy weekend.
You captured wonderful views of the family life of these egrets. I especially like the one of the little chicks all looking up together as if ready to compete for the next feeding.
ReplyDeleteThese are adorable shots!!! Of course my favorite is the third. You got there at the perfect time for shots.
ReplyDeleteThese are so great Anni. I love seeing those little baby egrets, they are so adorable!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, Anni!!! I have never seen baby egrets. They look like they belong in an Easter basket...so adorable. How in the world do these birds stay so white????....jp
ReplyDeleteThanks for this fine collection of pictures of the nesting egrets. It looks as though they have had a good year and there is adequate food for multiple young, not always the case, and the smaller ones don't make it then.
ReplyDeleteWhat lovely photographs you've shared here, so nice to see.
ReplyDeleteThank you.
All the best Jan
Awesome! Thanks for sharing and for hosting.
ReplyDeleteThat was well worth the drive Anni. The shot of the three waiting chicks is a corker. I hope the parents brought lots of food because the kids look awful hungry. Thanks the links today 😊.
ReplyDeleteI would drive that far to see the chicks. Even from Oklahoma. :) You sure did get some great shots.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful blog
ReplyDeleteHow marvelous! Must have been so exciting to see these beautiful birds. Fantastic photos!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful.......
ReplyDelete🌼🍑💛🍑🌼
These egrets photos are awesome! You are a splendid photographer and it's a joy to visit your blog.
ReplyDelete