September 11th...


The weather is improving greatly this past week. Altho bird sightings are lacking...Molting Season? Soon, more Fall Migrants will begin to show up here along the coast. We do have a predicted heavy rainstorm [tropical depression?] coming in from the west Gulf Waters this weekend, so birding will be just as scarce as sightings. But, here are some hawk photos[same hawk, different poses], and one lucky "shot" of a Brown Pelican.


RED SHOULDERED HAWK
Habitat map: Hawk


BROWN PELICAN
Habitat map: Pelican


For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:
or use text linking only copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:


Linking tool is now closed

16 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, your Pelican shot is BRILLIANT!!! It should be on the cover of a magazine! and I love the one-footed Hawk photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello anni,
    I hope you are able to get out and catch some of the migrating birds. Awesome shots of the Hawk, I love the Pelican photo! Thanks for hosting. have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the Claw! and I can see the pelicans tonsils, if they have them ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess the meds kicked in when I got up this morning I felt like a new person and I shopped at Walmart at 6 and walked bow at 7 that'll be on a post tomorrow

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful pelican! I'll be happy when we see more birds here. And when we get a breeze! lol Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your pictures are magazine worthy, I swear, Anni!! Have you ever thought about selling some of them for publication? Such beauty all around you. Hold on to your bonnet during the coming storm. ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing portrait of the pelican!
    Beautiful hawk!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Annie
    I'm a bit late, but got here eventually, and what a thrill to see such large birds. Love the Hawk poses and claw, I first took an interest in birds feet and claws on another block, and now know much more about them. The Pelican shot is amazing, perhaps we should see some more open mouthed shots to discover what their throats look like :=)) It's not likely, I know, as your shot is most unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the color of this Hawk. It is gprgeous! And so are your shots.
    The last shot is hilarious. Never seen any shot like this before. Not as I remember anyway. :) Even the wing to the right looks like a drinking animal :)

    Fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Pelican shot is quite amazing. You were certainly in position with your camera at just the right moment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope people right clicked on the pelican and clicked to view in a new tab! That is a fabulous capture! Not that I did not love the hawk shots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Incredible shot of the pelican! I like the hawk too. Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope that storm doesn't hit you Anni. Meanwhile that's a super Pelican. Happy Patriots Day. And thanks for the link today 😊.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That pelican shot could not have been better timed! Nice details of the RSHA plumage, down to its feet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your photos of the Hawk, Anni! I was just describing the difference between a Red-Shouldered and a Red-Tailed Hawk. She saw her first "up close" and was in awe over their wingspan...jp

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents