This week, there has been no going out with heat in the triple digits and on top of that air quality alerts because of the Saharan Dust [yes, from Africa] coming in over our city. So, bird photos this week are archival. Some may be repeat postings...






In Order from top to bottom: GREAT BLUE HERON - SNOWY EGRET/ROSEATE SPOONBILL - MONK PARAKEET - TRI COLORED HERON - SANDWICH TERN - ROSEATE SPOONBILL
Most linked habitat maps are accurate except for the Monk Parakeet. The map shows "introduced" in Florida only. There are now many colonies of them in South Texas; year 'round residents!

Linking is now closed
The Sandwich Tern is a new one on me; I have never heard of it. But my favorite is for sure the Tri- Colored Heron. He has such dark beauty! And your flight pics are so clean and sharp!!
ReplyDeleteso beautiful, love that sandwich tern shot. and spoonbills are always gorgeous to see
ReplyDeleteI got out for the first time this week, today! It has been so humid and hot but today there was enough of a breeze to help. Love seeing your bird photos. I didn't even get any bird pics today. Hope they all fly back to FL soon! Happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteHello Anni,
ReplyDeleteFabulous captures of the Roseate Spoonbill, I also love the parakeet. Great collection of birds and photos. Thank you for hosting! Have a happy weekend!
At first I thought someone's parakeet had escaped by accident. I can't imagine looking outside & seeing them commonly. How wonderful!!! I'm sorry it's so hot where you are, Anni... and I hope it cools down soon so you can go back out. Dust from Africa... how crazy is that??!!! ~Andrea xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteDear Annie,
ReplyDeleteit sounds uncomfortable (but also fascinating) that the Sahara Dust even blows up to you! (We in Central Europe now and then have reddish Sahara sand in the garden or on our car.) Your archive birds look great, very nice photos of special birds. I will give you a flock of carrier pigeons and two mallards today ...
Have a nice weekend in September
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2021/09/ausflug-in-die-johannesbachklamm.html
I do hope the weather improves and you will be able to get out and about again soon.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks for sharing these photographs, I enjoyed them.
All the best Jan
Bad luck about the weather Anni. It's very frustrating when we look forward to a spot of birding. Hope it improves for you soon. I don't mind archive pictures, I use them all the time!
ReplyDeleteOur dust is beginning to clear. It was causing me to cough especially in the morning. It produced som very colorful sunrises as wee al gloomy ones. We had Monk Parakeets when we lived in Dallas until 1993. They were even established in the field lights at the Texas Rangers stadium. We had then in Chicago and New Jersey as well, so I am surprised that the ABA has not recognized their actual status.
ReplyDeleteHello Annie, So sorry about the terrible weather conditions you are having.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your visit, No birds from my post this week, but I have enjoyed seeing all your's. I think the Sandwich Tern capture is beautiful.
These are absolutely wonderful!
ReplyDeleteIf this is the kind of quality in your archives then I don't think anyone will suffer from seeing them again!
ReplyDeleteGreat photos!
ReplyDeleteI really like the Terns in flight!
Have a blessed day!
Great shots of the birds in flight - couldn't comment on the post before mine because it's marked with a trojan so commented on a different one. Sorry!
ReplyDeleteso beautiful, love that sandwich tern shot.
ReplyDelete