...just a short jaunt along the coast of the South Bay on one side of the road and Oso Bay on the opposite side... near the Corpus Christi Naval Air Station. It's a great area, year 'round for water fowl/waders, and shorebirds!! It's a showcase of colors and mannerisms during breeding season. This area is about 6 miles from home.

WILLET [with green winged teal in background]
Habitat map: Willet


RUDDY TURNSTONE
Habitat map: Turnstone


GREATER YELLOWLEGS
Habitat map: Yellowlegs


DOUBLE CRESTED CORMORANT
[rarely seen crest]
Habitat map: Cormorant

LITTLE BLUE HERON [immature plumage]
Habitat map: Heron

ROYAL TERN [breeding - solid black cap]
Habitat map: Tern

TRI-COLORED HERON [breeding colors]
Habitat map: Heron


REDDISH EGRET [dark morph -breeding plumage]
Habitat map: Egret

LINKING TOOL IS NOW CLOSED.
Your photos are really amazing today! Especially the beautiful Heron ones. And I think you really captured the large size of the Yellowlegs. And a cormorant chick, too!
ReplyDeletethe comorants are fun today and those yellow legs are awesome. I love the turnstone, my fave today. they are all gorgeous
ReplyDeleteDear Anni,
ReplyDeletethe name YELLOWLEGS is really very appropriate ;-DD
You have again a variety of beautiful and (for me) unusual birds to show us.
I'm really looking forward to next week - I can finally link a post to you again, because we recently went on an interesting bird watching tour - we saw the rare Great Bustards, that was very exciting. Unfortunately I don't have any birds for you today, but spring and a crocheted shawl ;-))
All the best from Austria, Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/04/marz-rückblick-bad-voslau-und-mein.html
That's a super selection of birds Anni. At six miles away it's a place on your regular itinerary I think? I like the "legs" - more like tree trunks in that photo. I hope you enjoy your Sunday. And thanks for the link today 🤠.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great series of pictures, and the closeup of the legs is a stroke of genius!
ReplyDeleteThat Reddish Egret is a sight, isn't he! I love the shore birds that you see and I'm trying to learn to ID them. Love those long legs! lol Enjoy your weekend!
ReplyDeleteSOooo good! Thank you Anni. The eye on the reddish in breeding plumage is wonderful. Everything is!
ReplyDeleteHello Anni, :=) Wonderful post, with so many different species of birds, I would love to see in real time. All your photos are so good. The hairdo of the Reddish Egret made me smile.:=) In it's breeding plumage, it's blue feathers are so beautiful, and I love the close up of it's head with the blue round the eye and the very attractive beak. The Greater Yellow legs, legs are most unusual as they are wider on the lower part of the leg than they are at the top. I guess there is a reason for this! I always like to see the focus on legs and feet of any large bird. Thank you so much for sharing all these splendid photos.
ReplyDeleteAll the best.
Beautiful variety!
ReplyDeleteOh, my goodness...what great images. The Tri-colored Heron is gorgeous.
ReplyDeletewow, that´s a spectacular group of birds. RUDDY TURNSTONE is a favorite of mine, but I have only seen it on travels. Did not know there was a DOUBLE CRESTED CORMORANT, I have seen several on trips, but not this one. And of course, the herons, gorgeous shots on both of them. Love the hairstyle on the last one. :) Thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteThe breeding coloration of the Reddish Egret is breathtaking! The yellowlegs is aptly named.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing these fabulous photographs.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan