I'm behind in my photo shares this time around. I've been out and about a few days this week, but realize that I have pictures yet on the computer from the month of March. I've traversed the mudflats again at Mollie Beattie Community where they have the areas cordoned off for nesting to check for plovers. I also walked the channel that takes you out to the Gulf. Stopped one day at the Willows. It's been hot and muggy, so I'm not sticking around the areas for a long period, but I am seeing a few migrants here and there. I didn't get a chance to go to the island this past weekend 'cause the world famous Sandfest was taking place for the 3 day weekend...100s of 1000s people attend yearly. I'm really glad I decided to stick close to home, 'cause what I heard on the news, the bridge I use to cross the intercoastal highway [waterway] was at a standstill for HOURS!! An accident on the bridge [which is under construction, with one lane only] So, today, I will showcase my March images I captured while on my morning walks...

PURPLE MARTINS [female and male]
Habitat map: Martin


RING BILLED GULL
Habitat map: Gull


SCISSORTAIL FLYCATCHER
Habitat map: Flycatcher


BELTED KINGFISHER
Habitat map: Kingfisher

Linking Tool is now closed
Dear Anni,
ReplyDeleteyou share beautiful bird photos with us again! I find the SCISSORTAIL FLYCATCHER especially pretty and interesting, I've never seen this bird before. Luckily you weren't part of the accident on the bridge. If there are big events or large crowds somewhere, then we'd rather stay at home or away from this crowd...
All the best from Austria
and happy Easter 🐣🐇🐥
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/04/grotrappen-balz-ausflug-zum.html
The Scissortailed flycatcher is amazing, so beautiful! Wow, you really lucked out by missing that huge traffic jam!
ReplyDeleteVery nice photos of all four species. The gull closeup is fabulous. We finally have had a spell of three days with mostly clear skies and fair temperatures. Saw my first migratory bird this morning, a Yellow-rumped Warbler.
ReplyDeleteAlways good to steer clear of festivals with their huge crowds and attendant traffic problems. Great pictures! A Scissor- tailed Flycatcher never fails to dazzle me.
ReplyDeleteI love the Kingfisher and that scissortailed flycatcher! You have so many birds there that we rarely see across the Gulf! Enjoy your weekend!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing these lovely photographs.
ReplyDeleteI think my favourite is the Scissortail Flycatcher.
All the best Jan
Hello Ani,:=) Your photos are all lovely. The Gull close up image is gorgeous. The Kingfisher is an attractive bird, but the Scissor-tailed Flycatcher is a stunningly beautiful bird.
ReplyDeleteHave a Happy Easter.:=)
These are wonderful to see....would love to see that Scissortailed flycatcher...
ReplyDeletenow I am off to see the map link for it.
I don't know if it is just my computer or what, but none of the map links work...thought you might want to know. I will look up the Scissortail Flycatcher anyway.
ReplyDeleteExcellent photos1
ReplyDeleteDon't we just love it when the oyks come out to play NOT. l must agree, it's the flycatcher for me. I hope your bit of Texas returns to normal very soon. Thanks for the link today and Happy Easter.
ReplyDeletelove that kingfisher. have you ever thought of or made a book of your bird photos. they are so amazing to me
ReplyDeleteThe Sandfest's loss is our gain!
ReplyDeleteSimply fabulous photographs of some of our favorite birds. We miss the Scissortails from our Texas life, but have discovered a spot of orange grove here in central Florida where a few over-winter.
Thank you for sharing your birdy beauty!