Fair warning: This post is heavy loading time! I took so many photos at the rookery, I had a hard time choosing just a few, and went overboard. Trust me, this is FEW compared to what I had on my camera card. So, grab yourself a cup of coffee, tea, or allow them to load fully while reading a book or something!!
During the Birdiest Festival in America [held around the surrounding areas of Corpus Christi between April 20-25th] I drove to the known to local birders, rookery, in hopes of seeing some courtship/breeding displays of the egrets I had visited last year when I tried sighting the nestlings! I hit paydirt! If you wish to see the private pond on Wright's Ranch, and how most of the trees around the lake's edge is dotted with white and pink/nests see this LINK. [this linked site also tells how the egret got its name!]
During the Birdiest Festival in America [held around the surrounding areas of Corpus Christi between April 20-25th] I drove to the known to local birders, rookery, in hopes of seeing some courtship/breeding displays of the egrets I had visited last year when I tried sighting the nestlings! I hit paydirt! If you wish to see the private pond on Wright's Ranch, and how most of the trees around the lake's edge is dotted with white and pink/nests see this LINK. [this linked site also tells how the egret got its name!]

















GREAT EGRETS, ROSEATE SPOONBILLS, ANHINGA
Habitat maps: Egret, Spoonbill, Anhinga

Linking Tool is now closed
Soooooo well worth the load time, Anni. Simply magnificent pictures, to say the least. My gosh, what a beautiful camera you have, to take such glorious pictures of all the wing movement! I can't imagine seeing all of this in-person. I feel privileged seeing it via pictures!! ~Andrea xoxo
ReplyDeleteHello Anni,
ReplyDeleteI loved your rookery photos. The Roseate Spoonbills are a favorite, lovely birds and post. Thank you for hosting. Have a great weekend.
Well, they deserve a good long post! Your photos are amazing and I always say the Roseate Spoonbill is my very favorite bird! I would love to see one again! Happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteOh, my goodness, Anni... I LOVED them all...I just clicked to open each one in a new tab...that way I can see a bit bigger version than if using the slideshow feature. They are wonderful.
ReplyDeleteA really fine series of images, Anni. Well done. Thank goodness the millinery trade doesn't covet ergret plumes any more.
ReplyDeleteI know tht feeling and have been guilty of "overdosing," as it seems that just one image (or sometimes dozens) cannot capture the reality. Especially love the egret displays and the spoonbills.
ReplyDeleteSpectacular photos, Anni. My great grandmother was one of the ladies who campaigned to save the egrets.
ReplyDeleteThe spoonbills look lovely with those lipstick marks 😀 Beautiful captures!
ReplyDeleteThe spoonbills look lovely with those lipstick marks 😀 Beautiful captures!
ReplyDeleteReposting the comment, previous one was posted as anonymous.
The spoonbill is amazing - you got some great shots of both birds!
ReplyDeleteI don't blame you for taking so many photos Anni. I would do exactly the same because you simply can't be sure that same opportunity will arise again because of weather, light, disturbance et. etc. Fill your boots I say. Have a great Sunday and thanks for the link today.
ReplyDeleteDear Annie,
ReplyDeleteoh, you could have liked to show more photos, I think they are wonderful! And the pink sight of the ROSEATE SPOONBILLS is particularly breathtaking, soo great! I have a few Wanderlust photos from the archive today - some with birds too... :-)
I hope you had a good start into May - have a nice Sunday!
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/05/wanderlust-blogparade-der-u30blogger.html
I can see why you could not choose between these, they are all exquisite! the 3rd down looks like a queen doing a curtsy. awesome shots.... I do love to see the egrets with their feathers spread like this. Beau says thanks for the comment and Mama says when Beau is laying like this watching me with laptop in lap, I constantly glance at him because he makes me so happy and full of peace just seeing him on the sofa
ReplyDeleteAnni it actually loaded quickly for me. What a beautiful post of the fine feathered friends at the Rookery. Such crisp photos I expected them to land on my shoulder.
ReplyDeletethank you for sharing
Hugs Cecilia
Like the spoonbill. I presume they got their name by the shape of their beaks.
ReplyDelete