I almost didn't make it here this week! It's been a few hours every morning, early, working on our backyard weed population. Even with a severe drought, it seems that unwanted weeds thrive!! Bud and I got about half way done in four days' work. Next week, more to come. We will take the weekend off. LOL But, mind you, we only worked until the heat became unbearable. We figured so many other states/people are having worse weather than we are...we need to find the bright side of it and quit complaining!! No floods, no tornadoes, no tropical storms, etc. So, needless to say, the photos I share are from earlier this month since I haven't been out of the yard much!!




BLACK BELLIED WHISTLING DUCKS
Habitat map: Ducks


BROWN PELICAN
Habitat map: Pelican

ROSEATE SPOONBILL
Habitat map: Spoonbill

COMMON TERN
Habitat map: Tern

Linking Tool is closed for the week
Hello Anni,
ReplyDeleteI think the Whistling Ducks will always be a favorite, they are so darn cute. I love the Pelicans, Tern and the Spoonbill too. Great photos. Thanks for hosting. Have a happy weekend.
I feel for you both. Our weeds grow come rain or shine and I almost look forward to the winter when everything goes to sleep. You found good stuff in the archives Anni. The greedy pelican and the searching term especially. Have a good weekend and thanks for the link today.
ReplyDeleteThe chicks are adorable! Wear sun block and a wide brimmed hat! Stay hydrated!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Home Goods have an adorable stack of little Day Of The Dead mugs,in a stand.
ReplyDeletewhistling ducks always make me think of TexWisGirl and you know I love pelicans, spoonbills and storks because they are so ugly they are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThe Spoonbill is my favorite bird....I might have mentioned this before! Sure would love to see one again in the wild. And the little babies are just precious. It's too hot here to work outside but I'm sure the weeds aren't taking the summer off! Take care and stay cool!
ReplyDeleteYour header art is wonderful. Reminds me that I have not seen a single Monarch and very few other butterflies here in Connecticut. The whistling--duck family is delightful.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing these lovely photographs from your archives :)
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Dear Anni,
ReplyDeleteweeds are weeds because they don't care if it's wet or dry - weeds just thrive anywhere, anytime, whether we want it or not. Luckily you can also eat SOME weeds, unfortunately not all of them ;-) [My mother gave me a "weeds cookbook" a long time ago - I've actually used some of the recipes and I like them! But in Europe we probably have different weeds than in the US.] If you take the weekend off from weeding, it becomes a "weedend!" ;-D
How lucky you have such great bird photos in your archive - really pretty specimens. Of course, I find the beautiful WHISTLING DUCK family particularly adorable <3
All the best and happy weekend!
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/07/mallorca-reisebericht-teil-3-tag-7-bis.html
PS: Thanks for sharing your Blackout experiences with me!
A vagrant Black-bellied Whistling Duck has been hanging around here for a few weeks now, causing great excitement in the local birding community. I will resist linking up this week since my current post is about butterflies and the one before that was a book review. Stay cool in that dreadful heat down there.
ReplyDeleteSweet photos!
ReplyDelete