Not much traveling around the county or on the islands this week. These photos were taken just minutes away from home...






Top to bottom [with habitat maps]:
For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:
or use text linking only copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:
Linking tool is now closed. New one opens on Saturday at NOON [CST]
Dear Anni, you have a really great world of birds very close to home!
ReplyDeleteAll the best and have a nice weekend, Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/02/costa-rica-7-kapitel-tortuguero.html
Wonderful sightings in your vicinity. Love the curlew, what a bill!
ReplyDeleteI love that big beautiful Hawk! And it's so nice to have places close by to see birds like this. Very nice!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful birds, Anni! The Long-billed Curlew is great, I would love to see it some day.
ReplyDeleteThanks for hosting. Have a great weekend.
Wonderful bird sightings! They look fabulous
ReplyDeleteNice assortment of species, nicely captured. It is great that you have so many interesting birds close to home.
ReplyDeleteGood Morning Anni. Some of my best birding is close to home. Looks like yours is too. And we get to know our local patch intimately don't we? The twitchers make me quite sad, sometimes angry the way they dash around and chase after birds that mean nothing to them except as a tick in a book. Thanks for the link today and enjoy your day at home.
ReplyDeleteHello Anni :=)
ReplyDeleteSuper sightings and photos close to your home. I also find that I see quite a lot of birds seen from my balcony. I feel rather proud of myself after recognising five of your birds without reading their names. I'm improving, and mostly because of seeing birds on your blog, so thank Anni, and many thanks for hosting.
All the best.
Your wonderful images just go to prove that birding close to home can be very rewarding.
ReplyDeleteI have been going to do a post about the birds this year they are absolutely everywhere birds that I have never seen in our yard and on my walk with Bo! We have a Cooper’s Hawk N Navidad couple has comeThere seems to be so many more blocks of birds everywhere and this morning I saw a Clock that I have no idea what they were but they were absolutely beautiful on our walk and all of our ducks are out in almost every yard has a couple of mallards with a nest. I can’t take pictures of them with my cell phone but they’re all there and I’m really enjoying them
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing these sweet birds!
ReplyDelete