Park Birdin'...





GREAT CRESTED FLYCATCHER
photo taken:  Blucher Park - Corpus Christi Texas







BROWN PELICAN
photo taken:  Padre Island National Seashore 







NORTHERN MOCKINGBIRD
photo taken:   Blucher Park - Corpus Christi Texas




INCA DOVE
photo taken:  Blucher Park - Corpus Christi Texas




GREAT CRESTED FLYCATCHER
photo taken:  Blucher Park - Corpus Christi Texas
Habitat Range in the Americas:



















39 comments:

  1. Great pictures you show.
    I have uploaded a post ...... but it was not visible?
    Hanne Bente

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks for joining us this week Hanne...the links are now showing.

      Delete
  2. A great series of birds. Wish I could see your Brown Pelicans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...around my neck of the woods, you can see 'em just about anywhere you go.

      Delete
  3. Hihi! My link is not showing either even though it says there are now two entries??!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, you probably forgot to tick the little box for showing the links. :)

    That pelican really has a white head. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...yes, you're so very correct. It's now working properly.

      Delete
  5. The mockingbird is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it was really watching me...she had some fledglings flittin' about and wasn't too sure what to make of my intrusion.

      Delete
  6. Great shots! I love the pelicans - so much fun to watch! And that northern mockingbird - looks like he was interested in what you were doing! I will link up on Wednesday - I have to keep my days straight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I understand. See you on Wednesday then Linda.

      Delete
  7. i love the inca doves and their scalloped patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, Anni.... The pattern of the Inca Dove is awesome.... I also love the way that mocker is looking at you. He's giving you the 'look'.... ha

    Have a great day.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was keeping its eye on me 'cause there were some fledglings close by. LOL

      Delete
  9. Hi Anni, in Europe a "buzzard" is Common Buzzard (Buteo buteo) and your equivalent in the US is Rough-winged Hawk or Rough-legged Buzzard in Europe(Buteo lagopus). They are just names according to where you live. Main thing is we enjoy them! Good to see Great-crested Flycatcher - attractive and good fun. Thanks for hosting the link by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phil....thanks for the explanation. And thank YOU for visiting.

      Delete
  10. I have only seen the Great Crested Flycatcher once. I found him because I was able to follow his beautiful song. He continued singing as I took his picture, undisturbed it would seem. Great pictures of all of your birds. I love how you frame them. Have a wonderful week, Anni.

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thrilled to be able to catch it with the 'crest' visible in a photo.

      Delete
  11. Great series11 Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful framing enhances the features of all these lovely birds. The inca dove markings especially fascinating me. The feathers seem to be in scalloped layers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...yes, you and I both agree....they DO look like scallops, layered.

      Delete
  13. I like the way that Mockingbird is looking at you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. An impressive selection. Love the brown pelicans. I saw one once while visiting the Texas coast. Of course, I didn't have my camera with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...you come my way, and you can see 'em just about anywhere you go [near the water of course]

      Delete
  15. I especially like the composition of the pelican photo, but all are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks. I truly enjoyed YOUR photos from Birding is Fun. Especially the Goldfinch.

      Delete
  16. A great selection Anni! I love that shot of the Northern Mockingbird checking you out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know one thing, Larry....I really learned so much visiting with you today. Thanks for such an informative post on the 'house sparrow'.

      Delete
  17. Great selection .... and thanks for hosting!

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks for linking up this week Irene!!

      Delete
  18. Hallo liebe Anni, Danke für den Tipp, hab mich eingetragen.

    LG Mathilda ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so very welcome....I liked your photos so very much, I wanted you to include the link here.

      Delete
  19. Lovely shots, the Mockingbird is great.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents